Flood Damage Prevention
The following is provided to assist the City of Salinas community, participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) as of 1981, in understanding local floodplain management regulations and developing in local Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA).
The City’s flood insurance study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) are on file at the Salinas Permit Center, 65 West Alisal Street, with the Engineering Permit Services Section. Copies of the City’s FIS and FIRMs are also available at the John Steinbeck Library at 350 Lincoln Avenue.
1998 Flooding at East Market Street and Kern Street
- Flood Damage Prevention in the City of Salinas [Municipal Code, Chapter 9.-Buildings.Article VI.-Flood Damage Prevention]
- Flood Maps in the FEMA Map Service Center
- City of Salinas Flood Insurance Study (Volumes 1,2, and 3 of 3)
- Floodplain Management – the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- NFIP Forms – Elevation Certificate; LOMA, LOMR, LOMCs, Floodproofing Certificate
- NFIP Publications - Brochures and Information Sheets
- Floodplain Management Resources
- NFIP Technical Bulletins